Saturday, April 26, 2008

My first post

I've been reading blogs for a while now and decided that I would like to have a place of my own to share some of my thoughts and experiences as a Psych Post Doc.

I finished up my psych PhD last August, started my Post Doc (at an elite institution where I don't belong) in Sept and now that I'm finally starting to know what my job is and how I fit into my lab I'm stuck without funding for next year. I've been applying for grants but NIH isn't too keen on funding psychologists (especially in my sub field) right now so I'm waiting to see what happens over the next few months.

My mentor may have a grant funded in which case I could stay here, I applied to 2 faculty jobs (rejected from both without interviews), a few post-docs (so far nothing but rejection...I'm sure there will be another post about this), and most recently non-academic research positions (ah yes... yet another topic for a whole new post). So this is the most likely topic of this blog for the next few months... where in the world will Psych post doc be working next year?

No comments: