Here's some updates wrapped in topics I have thought about blogging about:
My life working opposite shift from my husband.
- Primarily revolves around take out food and my DVR.
- I spend a lot of time alone and often feel quite lonely.
- Overall, I think it's been a pretty easy going pregnancy.
- Luckily, I got by with very little morning sickness.
- I am suffering from some back issues and have been in PT for about 2 months, things are going better and my PT exercises work to the point where I've been able to control the pain pretty well.
- I found registering for baby goods way more overwhelming than registering for our wedding. Not sure what that says about me.
- My dogs have been taken over by alien beasts, I had no idea they'd be so reactive to the fact that I'm pregnant.
- I've been spending a lot of time thinking about what it will be like to raise a son (yes, baby is a boy) and how right it feels for hubby and I.
- It is still a bit mind blowing (exciting but still mind blowing) that I have a human life growing inside me and that in a few short months I'll be a Mom.
- Not much has changed. 1.5 years of dealing with micromanaging high maintenance individuals has really worn me down.
- I'm looking forward to maternity leave and will reassess my career plans in the fall.
- I saw my undergrad, master, phd and post doc mentors at our annual conference at the end of January, all of them encouraged me to get back into the academia game. Some of them luring me in with good data and the prospect of writing up papers over the next year and getting on the job market.
- A grad school friend just accepted a job in home city that is a job I have coveted for 2 years now, but never applied for. Still not sure how I feel about that.