Friday, March 6, 2009

A Letter

Dear City that I drive through every morning to get to and from work,

Thank you for filling in the post holes uncovered by this last major snow storm. I (and my low profile tires that are so screwed up that I'm contemplating buying a new car in order to stop paying for new tires) thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Just one teeny, tiny suggestion though... perhaps (just maybe) you shouldn't plan to do this during morning RUSH HOUR. Because
  1. The poor public works guy has to run out the middle of the street with a shovel full of hot asphalt and almost get hit by oncoming traffic and
  2. Cars drive over the asphalt that hasn't been pushed down and knock it right out of the pothole, which means we're back to #1 again in a week or two.

Thanks again.

PPD, her car, and the car's tires.

No comments: