Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mental Health Day

I've had a hard time adjusting since I got back from the West Coasts so I took a mental health day today.

Slept in
Had a massage (for the first time in 5 months: and made another appt for next week)
Sushi for lunch with my sister
Extravagant Pedicure (also with my sister)
Caught up on our household bills (feels good to have that under control)
Had dinner out with hubby
Ran a few errands with hubby
Going to bed in 15 minutes (@9:30pm)

I think that's a pretty good mental health day. Although physically I feel like I got my butt kicked (hold all my stress in my neck and shoulders and massage therapist tried to work a bunch of that out for me today), psychologically I am really glad I took today for myself.

4 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

Good for you! Sometimes we need to refuel and take care of ourselves!

PUI prof said...

mmmn. sounds so nice.

I think I need a mental health week.

Mamabeek said...

Mmmm... sisters and hubbies are wonderful. Your you time sounded great! I hope you're taking some more this weekend. How was the second massage?

Psych Post Doc said...

The 2nd massage was better but still left me pretty sore, it will take 4 or 5 before it starts to actually feel relaxing.