Sunday, May 4, 2008

Inspired

I gave the speech at my undergrad alma mater on Thursday and it's really helped to inspire me to get back to work. All of the faculty at my alma mater were so welcoming and proud of my accomplishments. Even parents of current undergrads were coming up and congratulating me and telling me how proud I should be.

I've been so consumed with the job search and freaking out about not having a job in the fall that I haven't been able to write or do any of the stuff the things that are actually going to help me get a job.

But, since my speech I am feeling better about myself, more optimistic and I actually did two hours of writing today! I probably have another 3-4 hours of editing to go on my first dissertation manuscript before I can send the new draft off to my advisor (who is my co-author). Hopefully, I can keep up the momentum so I can get some more papers out and get things rolling in the right direction.

1 comment:

Unbalanced Reaction said...

Yay! Glad you were able to get some outside perspective :)