* Taking a cue from DC I want to find a nickname for my husband so I don't always have to call him "my husband" or DH, so I'm up for suggestions. You may wonder why I would ask all of you (who do not know my husband) for suggestions, my answer is that I think it will be fun for me (the one who does know him) to try on the nicknames that you suggest.
* I had an annoying exchange with one of the office staff at work today. I had to take a departmental advance from my advisor's grant to pay participants a month ago. I'm supposed to settle this advance in 30 days but I've only spent 1/5 of it and was told that they really don't like to take back $$ (since they give us a check). So I write to the person in charge and explain that I've only spent 1/5 of the money but will be running participants for the next two weeks and will spend much more of the money, could I have a two week extension. I got an email back with a friggen lecture about how it's important to reconcile these things in a timely manner. I was so friggen annoyed. 1. I'm contacting you before the 30 days is up. 2. I explained exactly why I was asking for the extension. 3. It's pretty damn stupid for me to give them cash, so that I can turn around and ask for another friggen check (which I'll have to go to the bank and cash) in order to pay my participants for the next two weeks. 4. Everyone who has been around forever told me this was no big deal and that the office hates to take money back so just tell them you'll reconcile in two weeks! Ugh.
* Manicures should last longer than 4 days! Got mani and pedi's with my sister to make up for the one I got on Saturday and was chipped to all hell this AM. I'll let you know how long this one lasts. I got my last pedicure from the same place I went to today and it lasted over 3 weeks.
* I need to find some good beach reads. I'm going to FL for girls weekend with my sisters in 2 weeks and I intend to sit by the pool and read/nap continuously. :) Any suggestions?
* One of my RAs came in today unexpectedly. She was originally not going to be in town but instead she came in and helped me kick ass on some data management stuff I've been bogged down with. And she's coming back tomorrow!! Yay for help.
*Started working on diss ms based on the comments from my undergrad mentor. Didn't get very far at all but it makes me feel good to even do the tinyest bit. If it rains this weekend (last I heard it is supposed to on Saturday), I'm heading to the coffee shop to write, write, write.
I think that's all my random thoughts for today. Enjoy.