Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Job News

Non-academic job that I really like is checking my references. GA emailed today to ask me what she should emphasize during their phone call. I called her and we talked for a while about this job and my chances of staying at my post-doc.

She said she thinks I should stay at post-doc if given the chance (it's a very prestigious position) but then when I told her about the non-academic salary she said "sometimes a job is worth it for the money." Nice huh? :)

They're calling her tomorrow morning, no word about the grant or my other two references in terms of whether they talked with people from the non-academic job.

2 comments:

post-doc said...

Yes, the academic folks like to keep talented people in academic research. So it's a compliment that GA has that opinion of you. :) But I (obviously, given that I left) think evaluating all opportunities is the right way to go. I'm hoping you have a tough decision to make down the road when presented with a few wonderful opportunities.

Psych Post Doc said...

Thanks for the comment. Yeah, I'm not surprised GA wants me to stay in academia, although I have been surprised by how cool she's been about me applying for non-academic positions.