Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lethargic

That's how I feel this week.

I could be doing more to transition my post doc projects to other people but... I don't feel like it. I'm going to work and I'm doing my job and getting things done but I've started to drift. I run participants all day tomorrow and Thursday, that pushes me to train the person who will take over when I leave (but only for 1 more week of running participants, data collection should be done for this project).

I've also pushed my interns on the projects they're working on to get things at a good wrapping up place before I go. I think my post doc mentor will be surprised at how much I finished up, although I've finished trying to really impress her.

I worry I'm going to get screwed on publications from here. I've worked my ass off on a number of these projects but there are still a number of steps to be done and they'll have to be done by people in the lab. I worry that because I won't be there she'll just write me off.

I hope not, I'm really proud of the work I've done here and would like the credit. But I worry.... 1 week and 3 days until I'm done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The closer you get to that last day the more you'll mentally check out. At least that's the way it was for me. And eventually after you leave you'll stop worrying.

B said...

Can you talk about the projections you were involved with before leaving with the boss? Maybe just highlight the things you contributed so she doesn't forget?

Psych Post Doc said...

Thanks for the comments.

Sassy- yeah, I am definitely checking out, pretty much since the moment my PDM started pushing, I started pulling away.

B- yeah, I'm definitely going to try to keep all of that fresh in her mind. We had a talk (via phone) today about all that, it was pretty positive. I am going to have more done than she expects, which will make her very happy.